MFS has developed the first commercially available, multiplex bio-threat assay (MBA) for the detection of up to six bio-threat organisms on the CDC Category A and B lists. The Bio-Threat Assay Kit provides the added specificity and simplicity by using genomic and multiple plasmid signatures to confirm the presence or absence of an organism. The multicolor combinatorial approach allows a user to rapidly screen a biological sample for the presence of five bacteria and one virus in only three simultaneous reactions. An additional benefit to the multiplex kit is a very significant reduction in cost per test when compared to running the samples in a singleplex format.
Intended for investigative and research use, PositiveID’s MBA is unique in that it offers rapid and multiple organism identification. Currently available methods require more sample, are generally more costly and not amenable to high-throughput analyses. PositiveID’s multiplex assay is designed to provide test results for up to six organisms in the time of a single polymerase chain reaction (PCR) (i.e. 30 to 90 minutes), versus the several hours or more required to test multiple samples with conventional methods. The assay has been successfully validated against more than 150 competing natural occurring strains, near-neighbors, and environmental samples.
Our MBA tests for six organisms with 16 signatures
- Bacillus anthracis (Anthrax)
- Yersinia pestis (Plague)
- Francisella tularensis (Tularemia)
- Burkholderia Pseudomallei (Melioidosis)
- Burkholderia mallei (Glanders)
- Variola major (Small Pox)*
Bio-Threat Multiplex Kit
- Ability to confidently confirm the presence of pathogen with multiple markers.
- The assay is not instrument dependent and can be processed in most commercial real-time PCR platforms.
- The kit requires minimal training.